Dr.Jim A. Johnson
Awards and Recognition
- Initial Optometric Recognition Award for education requirements by the American Optometric Association (3 year requirement of 50 continuing education hours per year)
- Optometric Recognition Award for educational requirements for 1995-present by the American Optometric Association. Dr. Johnson has received the award every year since being in practice which no other Kansas Optometrist has done.
- Practice management project grant sponsored by Bausch & Lomb and Northeastern State University College of Optometry.
- Dr. Johnson has participated in contact lens research sponsored by Bausch & Lomb.
- Completed twenty-four hour advanced course in 'Managing the activities Glaucomas', as required by the Kansas Board of Examiners in Optometry to co-manage glaucoma.
- Internship in primary eyecare with Bowman Ophthalmology Eye Clinic, Tahlequah, OK.
Optometrist, currently working in Salina, Kansas. Scope of practice includes performing pre and post-operative exams for lasik and refractive surgery patients. Perform general eye exams, contact lens exams, treat eye infections and eye injuries, fit contact lenses, and co-manage cataract patients (1991 to present).
Deanna R. HeltonReceptionist
Joined the practice in February of 2017. Deanna works in the front office/reception and insurance areas. Deanna previously worked as a pediatric medical assistant and has over 15 years experience in Office Administration and Customer Service. She has also served in the United States Air Force for 8 years in the Military Personnel Flight as a Re-Enlistment Special Actions Manager. In her spare time Deanna enjoys camping, hiking, making crafts and keeping up with her 2 teenage daughters.